Faroex Ltd is a recognized innovator in the pultrusion industry, pioneering the long lineal capabilities we take for granted today.
We currently operate six pultrusion machines ranging from 12” to 48“capacity.
Pultrusion is a composite processing technology with a high degree of dimensional control. Fiberglass reinforcement - organized by a series of guide plates and feeder tubes – is pulled through a bath of promoted resin and into the mouth of a heated steel die. The die is usually A20 tool steel that has been machined, hardened, and chrome-plated, to create a linear cavity that is identical to the desired profile. The resin-soaked reinforcement catalyzes and cures as it passes through its 40” length. The resulting profile is rigid, and can incorporate a wide range of reinforcement including cores.
With its innovative RF curing technology, Faroex can pultrude profiles >50mm in thickness with 75% glass fraction. The firm also has the capability of pultruding carbon fibre and epoxy resins.
Interior parcel rack shells & heat ducts for MCI’s J4500 and D4500 coaches
Typical applications for pultrusions range from utilitarian, high strength track bars to cosmetic side body panels for transit vehicles.
Other applications include:
- replacement of extruded aluminum, for cost & corrosion
- wind turbine blade reinforcement
- transit & coach parts and assemblies
- parcel rack shells and heat ducts
- interior transit ad frames, speaker panels, lighting, & finish elements
- exterior impact & corrosion-and-leak-proof side panels and roof coves
Benefits of using pultrusion technology:
- cheaper than aluminum for complex profiles with >.125” nominal thickness
- higher dimensional tolerances than aluminum extrusion
- high strength-to-weight ratio
- very high tensile strength in long dimension
- good compressive strength
- variable flexural modulus
- impact resistant
- very low coefficient of thermal expansion
For more information about pultrusion, call or e-mail our technical sales representative and request Faroex’s “Pultrusion Technology Primer” – it’s everything you’ll need to know to get started on your pultrusion design project!
Exterior roof cove and lower side panels; interior ad frame & ventilator for New Flyer’s Invero